Four different forms of presentations are offered, namely, plenary lectures (35 minutes), presentations at minisymposia (25 minutes), oral communications (20 minutes), and short oral communications (10 minutes).
Poster presentations are canceled this year!
Presentation's language is English.
Attention: each participant may only give one oral presentation OR one short oral presentation.
Presentations at MWM:
• You will be given 5 minutes for an oral presentation and two minutes for questions.
• Presentation must be prepared in English in .pdf or .ppt format.
• Presentation should reflect the main ideas of your scientific work.
• The first slide should contain your name, job or study position, university and the title of your presentation.
If you would like to make a presentation, please submit an abstract in English. To do it please register online or enter your Personal area if you have already registered.
• Abstracts must be written in English.
• Abstracts can be uploaded in (RTF) and Microsoft Word (DOC) formats only. Any other formats aren't accepted!
• The uploaded file must contain only text, i.e. without any pictures, the abstract title and list of authors (the abstract title and authors information will be generated automatically).
• The abstract text may contain between 1,000 and 3,500 characters (spaces are counted).
Attention: each participant may give only one oral presentation.
Deadline for abstract submission is March 15, 2018.
This year we have a possibility to publish several papers of the participants of the International Summer School-Conference "Advanced Problems in Mechanics" in the journal "MATERIALS PHYSICS AND MECHANICS" (MPM journal), which is covered in Scopus and Web of Science Core Collection.
Paper Requirements for the MPM journal are available here.
The journal focuses on the following topics:
• Mechanics of nanostructured materials (such as nanocrystalline materials, nanocomposites, nanoporous materials, nanotubes, quantum dots, nanowires, nanostructured films and coatings).
• Physics of strength and plasticity of nanostructured materials, physics of defects in nanostructured materials.
• Mechanics of deformation and fracture processes in conventional materials (solids).
• Physics of strength and plasticity of conventional materials (solids).
Your paper for the MPM journal can be in Russian or in English.
Paper Requirements for the APM Proceedings:
1. Please, name the file that contains the article the following way: double accentuation, then the surname of the first author, for example "__Ivanov.tex".
2. Please, use the article sample.
"defBook.tex" is a definition file for an article. It is necessary to use it, and please, don't edit this file.
3. Please, check if your paper can be compiled in LaTex (or PDFLaTex).
4. Please, avoid using extra LaTeX packages besides the packages enlisted in the article sample.
5. Please, do not send papers in DOC, RTF, PDF or any other non-TeX formats.
6. Please, do not use BibTeX tool. The bibliographie must be embedded into the TeX file that contains the article, using the standard LaTeX environment "thebibliography" (an example can be found in the article sample).
7. Please, do not name the pictures as fig1, pic2, etc. Many of the participants name them like this and we have to rename the pictures and change the links in TeX files. It is better to name the pictures using the name of the author.
8. Please, do not send large pictures (more than several megabytes), because they make lots of troubles.
9. It is strongly recommended to use .png or .eps formats for all kinds of illustrative matter besides tables: figures, photographs, plots, schemes, etc.
10. Please, ensure if your papers can be compiled to PDF format and pictures are reflected correctly.
Size for papers: should be limited to 12 pages for a minisymposium presentation (but not less then 10 pages), 15 pages for an invited lecture(but not less then 13 pages), 8 pages for a short communication (but not less then 6 pages).
Papers presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings which will be available at the Conference.
Deadline for paper submission is extended till April 15, 2018.