We are pleased to inform you that the updated version of the programme is now available on the website.
To download the updated version of the programme APM 2018 please click here:
Presentations devoted to fundamental aspects of mechanics, or spreading the field of applications of mechanics, are invited. We are particularly keen to receive contributions that show new effects and phenomena or develop new mathematical models. The topics of the conference cover all fields of mechanics, including, but not restricted, to
- complex media: micropolar theory, chemomechanics, acoustic metamaterials etc.
- nano-, micro- and mesomechanics
- phase transitions and nonlinear elasticity
- solids and structures
- mechanical and civil engineering applications
- fluid and gas
- wave motion
- computational mechanics
- nonlinear and multibody dynamics, chaos and vibration
- problems of the oil and gas sector
1) Minisymposium on biomechanics
Organizer: Loboda O.S. (Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia)
2) Minisymposium "Advances in micromechanics of materials"
Organizers: Sevostianov I. (New Mexico State University, USA), Vilchevskaya E.N. (IPME RAS, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia)
3) Minisymposium “Extreme loading on structures”
Organizers: Morozov N.F. (St. Petersburg State University, IPME RAS, Russia), Bratov V.A. (IPME RAS, Russia)
4) Minisymposium "Mechanics of Architectured Materias"
Organizers: Dr. Igor Berinskii (Tel Aviv University, Israel); Dr. Stephan Rudykh (University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA)
5) Minisymposium "Granular materials and grain-fluid mixtures"
Organizers: Jean-Noël Roux (École de Ponts Paris Tech, Paris, France)
6) Minisymposium "New developments in generalized continua - Theories and Experiments"
Organizers: Müller W. (Technical University of Berlin, Germany), Dell'Isola F. (Università di Roma La Sapienza and MEMOCS centre, Italy)
A number of leading researchers in the above fields will be delivering keynote lectures:
- Abramyan A.K. (IPME RAS, Russia)
- Aifantis E.C. (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece; Michigan Technological University, USA)
- Aizikovich S.M. (Don State Technical University, Russia)
- Akhatov I. (Skoltech Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials, Russia)
- Altenbach H. (Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg, Germany)
- Dell'Isola F. (Università di Roma La Sapienza and MEMOCS centre, Italy)
- Dmitriev S.V. (Institute for Metals Superplasticity Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ufa, Russia)
- Goryacheva I.G. (Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS, Moscow, Russia)
- Grekova E.F. (IPME RAS, Russia)
- Guzev M.A. (Institute of Applied Mathematics of Far-Eastern Branch of RAS, Russia)
- Indeitsev D.A. (IPME RAS, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia)
- Krivtsov A.M. (Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, IPME RAS, Russia)
- Kukushkin S.A. (IPME RAS, SPbAU RAS, Russia)
- Kucaba-Pietal A. (Rzeszów University of Technology, Poland)
- Le K.C. (Ruhr Universität Bochum, Germany)
- Levin V.A. (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia)
- Linkov A.M. (IPME RAS, Russia; Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland)
- Lipatov I.I. (Central Aerohydrodinamic Institute, Russia)
- Lurie K. (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA)
- Lurie S. (Institute of Applied mechanics of RAS, Institute for Problems in Mechanics of RAS, Russia)
- Petersson S. Melin (Lund University, Sweden)
- Morozov N.F. (St. Petersburg State University, IPME RAS, Russia)
- Müller W. (Technical University of Berlin, Germany)
- Polyanskiy V.A. (Institute of problems of mechanical engineering RAS, St. Petersburg State University, Russia)
- Roux J.-N. (L’École des Ponts ParisTech, France)
- Sevostianov I. (New Mexico State University, USA)
- Smirnov N.N. (Moscow M.V.Lomonosov State University, Russia)
- Vilchevskaya E.N. (IPME RAS, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia)
- Weisberg L.A. (Saint Petersburg Mining University, Russia)
Four different forms of presentations are offered, namely, plenary lectures (35 minutes), presentations at minisymposia (25 minutes), oral communications (20 minutes), and short oral communications (10 minutes).
The working languages for oral presentations is English.
Attention: each participant may only give one oral presentation OR one short oral presentation.